Book Title: Coaching Students with Executive Skills Deficits (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
Publisher: The Guilford Press
Author: Peg Dawson
- The Work-Smart Academic Planner, Revised Edition: Write It Down, Get It Done
- Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
- Smart but Scattered Teens: The "Executive Skills" Program for Helping Teens Reach Their Potential
- The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success: How to Use Your Brain's Executive Skills to Keep Up, Stay Calm, and Get Organized at Work and at Home
- The Executive Functioning Workbook for Teens: Help for Unprepared, Late, and Scattered Teens
- Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary "Executive Skills" Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential
- The Work-Smart Academic Planner: Write It Down, Get It Done
- Promoting Executive Function in the Classroom (What Works for Special-Needs Learners)
- Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Third Edition: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
- Late, Lost, and Unprepared: A Parents' Guide to Helping Children with Executive Functioning
This practical manual presents an evidence-based coaching model for helping students whose academic performance is suffering due to deficits in executive skills, including time and task management, planning, organization, impulse control, and emotional regulation. In just a few minutes a day, coaches can provide crucial support and instruction tailored to individual students' needs. From leading experts, the book provides detailed guidelines for incorporating coaching into a response-to-intervention framework, identifying students who can benefit, conducting each session, and monitoring progress. Special topics include how to implement a classwide peer coaching program. More than three dozen reproducible assessment tools, forms, and handouts are featured; the large-size format and lay-flat binding facilitate photocopying. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series, edited by T. Chris Riley-Tillman.
See also the authors' Work-Smart Academic Planner: Write It Down, Get It Done, designed for middle and high school students to use in conjunction with coaching, plus the authoritative Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Second Edition. Also from Dawson and Guare: Smart but Scattered parenting guides and a self-help guide for adults.